16 March 2021: Sculptural Pockets
This is a Zoom workshop and I will be present online throughout the whole workshop.
During the workshop you will explore ways of making simple three-dimensional pockets with stiffened cloth. Your pocket design will be inspired by a small object that you have chosen. The pocket is intended to hold your object or collection.
In the workshop you will:
• Learn how the objects you have chosen can inspire your 3-D pocket
• Learn paper manipulation techniques: folding, cutting, scoring and joining
• Learn how to make a 2-D paper template for your 3-D pocket
• Learn the processes and stitches I use for manipulating and joining stiffened cloth
• Learn that how you display an object or collection can have a bearing on how it is read
• Watch a video where you will make a virtual visit to Debbie's studio
Before the workshop you will receive 2 short videos with simple pre-workshops instructions, a digital instruction booklet and a new digital booklet of my recent work for inspiration.
Debbie will be on hand throughout the day to offer instruction and advice
The workshop runs from 10am-4pm